History of Cocaine
Cocaine addiction is probably one of the most challenging amongst drug addictions to fight against. Chemically it is a hydrochloride derived from the leaves of coca plant especially found in the highlands of South America. One of the most potent natural stimulants, cocaine directly affects the central nervous system even changing the way one’s mind works. It was in the 1800s that a German chemist discovered its stimulant properties as well as its anesthetic properties.
In the United States, Cocaine had a very rocky history and at the same time very controversial. It is still being produced heavily in parts of South America and still in great demand.
Uses of Cocaine:
The most common way to take a hit of Cocaine is to snort it up the nose, some also take it in the vaporized form as well as through injection. It directly affects the central nervous system and results in increased heart beat and blood pressure. Its users say that they feel refreshed and pumped up when they take a hit of cocaine. Within minutes they enter a world of Trans where they feel everything in life to be bright and shiny.
Treatment Centers for Cocaine Addiction in California
To fight the serious cause of cocaine addiction, various cocaine rehab centers have sprung up in the California. These rehab centers offer special programs to help the addicts break their cycle of drug craving. They offer treatment through programs like:
- Inpatient– The addicts are admitted in the centers for a period of about a month or more.
- Out-Patient- The addicts are put through few hours’ pf therapy per day. It is suitable for mainly those who do not want to disturb their social life as well as those under less intense effect of cocaine addiction.
- Partial Hospitalization- The patients are allowed to go home towards the evening after they have been observed and treated by the medical staffs.
- Detoxification– It is a medical process which the patients are made to undergo to flush out the physical presence of drugs in the body.
- Individual Counseling- The addicts are subjected to one-to-one counseling through which they are counseled by psychologists to find out the roots of cause for the addictions as well as identifying the personal triggers. Once identified, various strategies of coping with such situations are devised to help the addicts break the cycle.
Addiction of Cocaine in California is definitely a rising concern but at the same time these cocaine rehabs are a ray of hope.
To learn more, please call us at (866) 531-4569.